Tuesday, 27 November 2012

I don't wanna sing about freedom anymore...

THING 23: WHAT NEXT?


While I've enjoyed doing 23Things I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that it's over.  Not in a bad way, let me reassure you!  But it'll be nice to see if I can continue to blog and direct it in the way that I'd like it to go, rather than follow instructions (and wind up being in blogging-competitions... ahem).  I am proud I've stuck it out until the very end (just in time) as doing Things really does require time and commitment like... well everything, as far as CPD is concerned.  Oh and Things taught me that too! 

I recently completed my PDP at work and the most noticeable gap in my development is the professional qualification, which I am pretty much set on applying for next year (after much deliberation).  Having a professional qualification, I hope, will not only open up more doors within the library world but allow me to develop transferrable skills too... just in case.  At the end of the day, nothing is set in stone it's all about being the best you you can be.

As far as Things is concerned, it has been great to use the internet (social medias and professional networking and resources) to interact, discover and learn from and I have since become a member of CILIP.  My gaps still lie with professional writing and presenting and having confidence in my own capabilites, and making sure I keep up-to-date with my CV and things.  Although I moaned a bit about having to follow week-by-week instructions (that's the rebel in me),  I think Things really works for brand new bloggers as blogging incentive.  Completing the posts on time is something I would endeavour to work out if I continue to blog seriously - the art of blogging is providing interesting info little and often, so that people can be reminded of your awesomeness... little and often.  

The next step for me is to grab my new position in the Discovery and Engagement team by the balls and really utilise the time and opportunities in this company. Then, suck it up and go back to study.  It's both an exciting and scary time, but I have high hopes for 2013, and I have Things to thank for that.  It has encouraged me to write reflectively, think about who I am and who I want to be and most importantly, to talk to people (remember all those "networking" weeks?!)  and that it's OK to nose around other people's blogs...!  Forever a curious mind, one that is rarely satisfied.

To all the people that have read my posts, commented and tweeted so far: I couldn't of done it without you, and it's why I wish to continue, so thank you.  I've enjoyed reading other people's post and reading about their (very different) experiences, and it's also pretty awesome to be a part of a community without necessarily being a part of it.   BRAVO #CPD23 finishers, BRAVO library lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment