So what's been happening? Bits and bobs. Work-wise, I'm backfilling another post 2 days a week so I'm being kept on my toes learning new duties (ILL and enquiry logging, REPRESENT)and I did my first tour a couple of weeks ago. Exciting stuff, right?
I've just looked over my last post to see if I have achieved anything thus far: pretty much a big no. I haven't finished reading any books, although starting is another matter. I read about 100 pages of James Corden's biography (yep) on holiday and I'm a couple of chapters off Calories and Corsets.
As for blogging, I can't really avoid that one, I've been properly slack. I haven't gotten round to blogging for work either, but it's coming. That I promise you, and I'm hoping to start posting here properly, or should I say more frequently than once every 6 months (?), even if it's just a brief update.
Things and Ink is still going strong: 4th issue in the making and did I mention it's now being sold at Selfridges? OMG, right now.
Still trying to work out time management for life in general. Although I'd love to "work outside the box" I can't see any volunteering in the near future, purely because I have 1 (week)day a week spare, and I'm really fond of sleeping. Last month I moved flat, and most of it is still in boxes too - but there's a good excuse for that. Mostly a lack of furniture and getting the handiman in, kind of excuse.
But the time management thing is becoming more and more important to me (and possible why I'm getting worse and worse at it...) because I'm definitely applying to study this year and have the application in the envelope ready to post once I have my final reference back. Really effing scary, but glad I've finally bit the bullet and decided to progress in something. All career-like and everything.
Speaking of which, I wonder how many people have an identity crisis when they start working full-time? I feel like I've been having one since I started university (!) 6 years ago, which has led me to think more about "work-wear". I love the website Librarian Wardrobe - have you seen it?
![]() |
| Shh! |

No comments:
Post a Comment