THINGS 8 & 9: TOOLS FOR ORGANISING
![]() |
| See how I like things to be organised? |
Warning: Confessions are made during this post.
At work I use Outlook. And I will let you in on the first terribly sad confession I have to make: I’ve never used it before now (although on old home PCs,it’s so much easier to have an internet email account) but the calendar has really changed my working life. Ha. In all seriousness, I use it for everything and I like being organised; I have a viewable calendar for my daily timetable (I’m on 2 different department rotas, so it helps to know where I’m supposed to be every hour) and a private personal one and what’s even better? I can view it all on my iPhone so I know where I need to be and when on the go. I have also recently discovered that I can invite people to stuff externally too (definitely much easier for an inter-library pub meet…)
So I haven’t really the need for Google Calendar. Granted, Google Docs is pretty awesome for us folk who’s MSO is so prehistoric it’s like using Notepad, so I did have a gander at what the calendar had to offer. I have to admit, though, Google is kind of annoying me at the moment. I dislike Google+ and hate seeing that I’m signed into Google all the time (unless I sign out, but then I have to sign in to write these blogs…) I guess the only thing I could use it for is to embed into blogs and stuff – but I have no use for that yet – and from what I’ve read it’s pretty nifty for institutions to use universally, and would look good embedded on a library blog to remind people what’s on.
As for Evernote (and here comes the next confession) I have never wanted to make notes on webpages and archive them with my own notes (I don't think I even have an archive of my own notes). The only time I can think that Evernote would of been useful was back when I was at university, doing the old internet searches and scrawling down super long URLs.
I checked out the introductory video online and couldn't help thinking this reminds me of OneNote (which I've dabbled with). I'm tempted to try Evernote out next time I'm researching for something to see if it helps with referencing and things like that - Definitely one to remember and come back to at a later date.

No comments:
Post a Comment